Saturday, October 22, 2011

This week has been a bit of a crazy week.  Second quad started here at school and I guess I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with life now that I have a whopping five classes instead of four.  It's amazing how much that extra class can add unnecessary stress to your life.  Needless to say, I've been holing myself up in-between classes this week, just trying to get homework done.  This weekend though, I've put all homework aside for a while, and I'm just re-learning how to relax.  Honestly, I woke up this morning feeling anxiety like I haven't felt in a long time simply because I hadn't taken an Old Testament quiz and done my prescribed Jonah reading from the day before!  At that point I realized I was being silly, and obviously needed to make a change!  Lucky for me I have a good excuse not to worry about homework for a while this weekend.  This morning at 10:36 (only six minutes late!), my mom whisked me away along with my two lovely friends for a relaxing day back at home.  It's only been a few hours since we got here, but I already feel my heart going back to beating at a normal pace, and I'm remembering that there's more to life than getting that next assignment done.  On the agenda for today (after about an hour's worth of indecisiveness) is/has been: a walk through the pasture, climbing a tree, blogging at Dunn Bros, a nap, the Nebraska football game, and a birthday celebration for Megan.  I couldn't ask for a better day.  Sometimes I think God sends me days like today to remind me that life isn't all about lists and how much I can possibly squeeze into an afternoon in the library.  So for the rest of this day, I think I'll just be thankful for the simple fact that for the next 23 hours, I am going to be surrounded by all the people I love most: my mom, my dad, my brothers, my sisters, and of course, my puppy.  Life doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment