Monday, October 24, 2011

1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.  But the greatest of these is love.

I hate goodbyes.  There's something horribly final about them, and things are often never the same again after they're said.  Graduating this year, I had to say a lot of goodbyes.  Some of them I was honestly glad to say!  Others, not so much.  Either way, I thought I was done with goodbyes for at least a few years.  This weekend however, I had to say goodbye to a dear friend that I've gotten to know and love over the past couple years.


When my brother first started dating Jasmine, I must admit, my big sister instincts kicked in.  Ben had always been my best pal growing up, and I didn't want him to have any other girls in his life but me.  It was a little silly, I know, but that described my feelings in a nutshell.  

I've seen Jasmine grow and change in so many good ways over the last couple years though.  I couldn't be more proud of her.  Gradually, I found myself learning to like her and accept her into my family.  She has an infectious smile and laugh that never fails to put a grin on my face.  She even joins me in picking on Ben every once in a while.  (That's when you know you've found a winner!!)  

I know God has a plan for her as she makes her move out to Colorado, but I can't help but worry about how much I'll miss her.  More than anything though, I'm thankful for the lessons she's taught me in giving people a chance, even when you don't want to like them.  You never know what could happen when you try to make a new friend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment