Sunday, August 26, 2012

A New Year

It's official.  I have made it through the summer!  This is my last night at home, my last night before I move back to school.  I'm just lying on my bed, looking around at my room, and wondering what this year is going to hold.  And now that I just typed that, I'm really, really wondering!!  

It seems like every year, God shows up and does amazing things in my life!  He often likes to surprise me with blessings.  He also likes to throw surprise curves into my well-planned paths.  But through each year, I have grown closer to Him, and that is the ultimate goal.  I have no doubt this year will be the same.

The second half of this summer proved to be a lot less bumpy than the first.  I sort of figured out how to live at home again, and things got into a schedule and routine.  But as the numbers in my countdown to go back to school got smaller and smaller, I got restless.  I mean, this past week has been nothing but a roller coaster of nerves, excitement, and bottled up energy.  But at the same time, I sort of didn't realize that I'm actually leaving home tomorrow morning.  About an hour ago (as I was writing the second paragraph), I suddenly looked out the window as it was getting darker.  I realized that this was my last night to just bike around town.  So I jumped out of bed, unhooked my bike from the carrier on the van, and peddled around Farmington for the last time.  I just got to thank God in advance for all He is going to do in my life and in the lives of those around me this year.  It was sort of my way of saying goodbye to this place. 

Then I came back and faced the wrath of my grumpy dad who had to go put the bike back on the car.  But it's ok because he loves me :)

Year number two at Northwestern!  Bring it on! 




No comments:

Post a Comment